8 Simple Ways To Thank Your Team
Holidays are a good time as any to say thanks to our family, friends and loved ones. But also to your team members. If you are in charge of supervising a talented group, let your team know you appreciate them and you’ll have motivated co-workers, better results and a great work environment. Just as you can tell them when something is wrong, never forget to constantly say thanks for their work. There’s a lot of ways to that you can thank the people that help you reach your goals at work. Here are some ideas!
Write A Note
With technology, handwriting is gaining more and more value. You need to make a time to sit down, think and write something. It doesn’t need to be a long message, just express how thankful you are.
- Give them a personal message on a sticky note.
- Write a message on a Christmas card or Thank You card.
- Put a banner, write it on a whiteboard, screen or window.
Ask Them What They Want
If you don’t know what you could give them as a reward, ask them!
- Let them know you want their opinion.
- Give them something they really want.
Acknowledge Your Team Results And Progress
Don’t wait for the outcome to thank your team. If they are doing a great job towards a final goal, say it! It’s motivating to know that you’re reaching a goal with your daily tasks.
- Talk to each member about their personal progress and success.
- Ring a bell when they achieve an objective.
- Cheer their progress and goals.
Inform Top Management About Your Team’s Work
Recognition is valuable, but to be noticed from the top management is even more valuable.
- Acknowledge them in a staff meeting.
- Send a congratulatory email and copy your bosses.
Plan Something Fun
Work doesn’t need to be boring and stressful.
- Get your team free lunch.
- Plan a game or an outside activity.
- Organize a gift exchange.
You don’t need to give something expensive to make someone feel appreciated.
- Stock your workplace with some tea, coffee, sodas.
- Organize small raffles.
- Celebrate their birthday, give them a piece of cake or balloons.
Money is always well received, we know it. If possible:
- Give an extra bonus at the end of the year.
- Put a swear jar and give the money to the best team member of the month.
Just Say It!
Don’t wait to buy or plan something, just say thank you… right now!